Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Great Morning Tradition


Amanda Soule is so inspiring to me as a mother. I love her book The Creative Family and I am looking forward to reading her newest book soon too. Her blog post today really touched me. She talks about setting up an activity for the kids before she heads to bed. Then when the kids get up they have a fun way to start the day. What a great way to start our days on a positive note and encourage our kids to be active either with an art project or fun activity. I am looking forward to trying this out with Sydney some times.

I remember growing up that my mom would surprise us with lavishly decorated dinner tables for different holidays. I have distinct memories of arriving home after school to find an array of Valentine or Saint Patrick's Day treats overflowing the table in the kitchen. It is these little things that we do as parents that make the biggest impression. A little forethought and planning goes along way in our children's eyes. So whether it is preparing something for the morning, after nap-time, or after school think of something fun to surprise your family with this week.

No comments: