Friday, January 29, 2010

Book Review: Yummy Yucky

I have always loved reading and I aim to pass that love of books onto my girls. There are lots of great resources out there to learn ways to make reading fun for kids but I think one of the most important is to just spend time every day reading with your kids. I have been falling a little short on this lately so I thought that doing little reviews on the blog might help motivate me to get back into the habit of sharing books with the girls. We will just see how it goes. This first one is going to be simple!


Yummy Yucky, by Leslie Patricelli, is one of our favorite board books. It was given to Sydney as a gift a few years ago from Courtney. I love that it is simple both in words and pictures, making it easy to flip through the pages with an infant who is not too interested in reading yet. Plus, it is a funny way to teach a toddler about what's ok to taste and what is definitely yucky, like the trash can and blue crayons. Look for it at your local library or purchase it for lots of giggles with your toddler.

No comments: