Monday, January 4, 2010

2009


It is hard to believe that 2009 is already gone. I am not one to sit and reminiscence (at least not out in public on the blog) but this year has been a big one. I have been so blessed! Just a few of the things on my mind are:

- The three of us becoming the four of us!

- Learning that my second baby is so much different then my first and yet somehow her small fingers, her smell, her habits, and her smile seem so familiar.

- Celebrating five years with the man I love.

- Watching Sydney become a huge Star Wars fan (just like her Dad).

- Developing close friendships is always worth the time! I have not always had really close friends, you know the ones that you instantly call if anything significant happens. :)

- Watching the progression of Shane's artistic ability (whether he wants to admit it or not).

- Realizing it has been 10 years since I graduated high school and I am not as young as I sometimes think I am. haha

Of course, the beginning of a year always gets me thinking of what I want to change or improve upon. This year I am looking forward to:

- Violet turning one: the first steps, the first words, and her personality emerging a little more.

- Sydney turning five and starting kindergarten.

- The release of two films Shane has worked on in one year!

- Spending more time with my favorite three people. I am hoping to spend more time outdoors: biking, hiking, etc.

- Creating more. And hopefully sharing more here in the process. I am making a list of projects I want to try. This also includes my longing to make more of the gifts we give this year.

Mostly, I feel excited to see what God has in store for me and my family this year. I know that whatever the highs and lows He will always be by my side through it all. I pray each of us is acutely aware of His providence this year! May you each be blessed in 2010.

1 comment:

lightyear8 said...

Thanks for being such an amazing wife. 2010 is going to be a blast!