Monday, January 4, 2010
It is hard to believe that 2009 is already gone. I am not one to sit and reminiscence (at least not out in public on the blog) but this year has been a big one. I have been so blessed! Just a few of the things on my mind are:
- The three of us becoming the four of us!
- Learning that my second baby is so much different then my first and yet somehow her small fingers, her smell, her habits, and her smile seem so familiar.
- Celebrating five years with the man I love.
- Watching Sydney become a huge Star Wars fan (just like her Dad).
- Developing close friendships is always worth the time! I have not always had really close friends, you know the ones that you instantly call if anything significant happens. :)
- Watching the progression of Shane's artistic ability (whether he wants to admit it or not).
- Realizing it has been 10 years since I graduated high school and I am not as young as I sometimes think I am. haha
Of course, the beginning of a year always gets me thinking of what I want to change or improve upon. This year I am looking forward to:
- Violet turning one: the first steps, the first words, and her personality emerging a little more.
- Sydney turning five and starting kindergarten.
- The release of two films Shane has worked on in one year!
- Spending more time with my favorite three people. I am hoping to spend more time outdoors: biking, hiking, etc.
- Creating more. And hopefully sharing more here in the process. I am making a list of projects I want to try. This also includes my longing to make more of the gifts we give this year.
Mostly, I feel excited to see what God has in store for me and my family this year. I know that whatever the highs and lows He will always be by my side through it all. I pray each of us is acutely aware of His providence this year! May you each be blessed in 2010.