Wednesday, September 10, 2008

A Dress for Sydney


One of my goals in sewing has been to try and begin learning how to make clothes. I have heard some horror stories so I have kept putting it off. When I saw this tutorial from Habitual I thought it would be a good starter dress. The instructions were super easy to follow and had lots of little helpful hints. I used a little Anna Maria fabric from her Chocolate Lollipop for the bow and some Amy Butler Midwest Modern for the dress. It is far from perfect but the fact that it looks ok and fits ok is good enough for me this time. It is a little big now but since summer is almost over I am hoping to will fit her still next spring. Of course, the way she is growing that will not happen so this little dress will probably end up being passed on to somebody else. But first Sydney will wear it for a little celebration dinner tomorrow night.

1 comment:

Heather said...

It's ADORABLE!!!! I love it.