Friday, June 20, 2008

French Night


We are on a little tighter budget these days but I still want to do fun things for the family and spend quality time with Shane. It is not that I mind crocheting or reading in the other room while he is on the computer but sometimes doing something together is refreshing. So we had a French night last Wednesday. I cooked my first attempt at a French meal (a French Stew) and after putting Syd to bed we watched the French film, The Diving Bell and The Butterfly. The film was really interesting although not my favorite. It does make me want to read the book, so I think a trip to the library is coming soon. I have three more already brewing in my mind so I think we will have more in the future. I am also thinking that a little decorating will add to the atmosphere of the night.

Thanks to a dear friend who gave me this idea for a theme night.

3 comments:

lightyear8 said...

BEST. WIFE. EVER.

Heather said...

That is so neat to have a "date" night at home! We've actually started that up too.....only learned to do that after 11 years of marriage! :-) Let's do the beach soon! Thanks for your posts. If you ever want to do a Padres game, let us know. We really enjoyed it.
XO,
Heather

Sew Bettie said...

What a lovely idea!